Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Its my Life

The past 2 months have been a roller coaster ride for me.

My parents had left for Dxb in the 1st week of July. And I decided to learn to live life as an independent working woman would. After all I have to get ready for the Big Day

This time I decided to cook on my own (no more tiffin service). Yeah, I don't know much about cooking. So every day I logged onto the net, searched for mouth watering recipes, did the grocery shopping on my way home from work and then would start cooking in the later part of the evening. I tried recipes like prawn masala (1 and half hours for me), shahi paneer, peas pulao, hot dog mince, etc.

My friends were always excited to hear about the trouble I took with each dish and always appreciated and encouraged me. My office colleagues were more than eager to taste and provide with their comments on where I could improvise on each dish. (Oh! By the way. If you are looking for a recipe site, log onto www.ndtv.com and click on the link recipes)

Over and above this, the house was well maintained, BUT I started getting a lot of visitors - like cockies and lizzies. I was hence forced to do pest control to get rid of the unwanted pests.

I left for dxb in aug for 2 weeks to join my parents on a holiday. Another post will tell you of my most enjoyable trip this year. . on my return within a few days left for the HRD conference to Northpoint (Khandala). Had an awesome time, though it was mostly work filled (with late nights for fun)

I did not cook on my return from my trip. But I must admit, living alone is so so cool, especially if you are surrounded by friends / colleagues who love you and encourage you to be your best at all times.

At this point of time, I would like to thank one special train friend, for not only encouraging me, but took me to do my grocery shopping as well, and of course negotiate on rates. Thank you Vidya, for all your help.

And as usual, something did happen while I was home alone - unexpected pests. Nevertheless, I had an enjoyable two months. I learnt to cook and not get scared of lizards.

Looking forward to my next holiday filled with loads and loads of freedom again..

No comments: