Wednesday, October 31, 2007


The books read by so many people all over the world, children, adults.

I had watched all of the movies released, but had not read the books. Finally, I have done so.


J K Rowling had cast a spell on all the Potter books, except for Deathly Hallows where she tried to remove the spell and hence the last book in the series comes through as extremely slow and a total disappointment. In the movie the scenes happened so fast, I was really not sure what was going on. But now having read all the 7 books, I have finally understood much more.

I feel though, that the book is like a Hindi movie. Why on earth would Lord Voldemore be after a kid? Duh... The book is surely meant for school kids, but nevertheless its magical and fun reading.. Till you reach the last book and then wonder why on earth did I spend so much time reading the earlier books.

Well! I hope Rowling creates more fun with her murder / mystery books that she is currently working on. I am looking forward to reading some more intriguing stuff.

Surfing through the net for Daniel Radcliffe's image, upset me greatly. The image of Harry Potter for Daniel Radcliffe is so inbred in my mind, that finding nude pictures of him for his new play was totally shocking. It has made me feel worse about the Harry Potter books, even though there is no connection.

Do you feel the same?

No comments: