Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hang Onnnnnn....

As I took the lift to reach the 15th floor of my office, little did I know what would be in store for me.

Due to the huge line for the lift, I took the 17th floor onwards lift so that I could reach a few minutes early. But suddenly, the lift jumped and I felt my heart come almost into my mouth, if you know what I mean. I thought I had reached the 17th floor. But, it had stopped in between the 16th and 17th floor, due to overload. I was so scared that the lift would crash down, not having got stuck in an overloaded lift before.

I said a small prayer to Our Lord to keep me safe and trust me, after this, the Lift man managed to open the lift and we were able to jump down onto the 16th floor.

I learnt one lesson: Hang On. In a moment of crisis, trust the Lord and hang on. He will bring us through safely.

No comments: